Our community in Minneapolis' East Harriet Neighborhood, the Walker Methodist Health Center, uses a multi-disciplinary, team-based approach offering Residents physical, social, and spiritual health services all in one location. This approach to senior living provides all of the necessary services and amenities in a centralized, convenient manner, offering Residents and other individuals comfort and compassion right where they live or receive care.
Health Center’s Care Settings
Every Resident has unique needs and wants, and the Health Center strives to meet each of those. Offering highly skilled, quality nursing care, social and spiritual programs, and physical, occupational, and speech therapies the Health Center combines mind, body, and spirit offering Residents the ultimate care at the levels they need. And, the varying levels of care and support offered at the Health Center aren’t exclusive to Residents; individuals can receive care in settings that include:
- Long-term Care: offers a continuum of medical and social services for older adults living with chronic health problems.
- Memory Care: neighborhood setting with comfortable suites, Residents with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia enjoy Walker Methodist's memory care programming. This includes specialized education for staff, aromatherapy, Certified Music & Memory Program, and weekly outings.
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab: available seven days a week, physical, occupational, and speech therapies are specialized for individuals recovering from injury or illness.
- Transitional Care: designed to assist with short-term healthcare and rehab services, with the ultimate goal being returning to previous living situations.
- Transitional Memory Care: available for temporary changes in mental status, such as delirium, that may or may not be long term.
- Transitional Cardiac Care: a thorough cardio-pulmonary program for individuals recovering from heart-related illness, procedures, or surgery.
- Parkinson’s Care: in partnership with Struthers Parkinson Center, offering expert, specialized care in accordance with individual care plans.
- Senior Club (AKA: Adult Day): daily programs to enrich activity levels, offer healthy meals, and access to rehabilitation and health services.
Senior Living in the EAST HARRIET Neighborhood in Minneapolis
Aside from the numerous levels of care available at Health Center, the setting and location of this community is another wonderful benefit. Local landmarks Lake Harriet, Lake Calhoun, Lake of the Isles, and the Lakewood Cemetery are within walking and biking distance and the Lyndale Park Gardens and Rose Gardens, the Thomas Sadler Roberts Bird Sanctuary are also located within the East Harriet neighborhood. The Health Center offers a quaint, quiet sanctuary while enjoying the perks a larger metropolitan area offers. Transportation is available at the Health Center, and Residents enjoy local outings to Target, grocery stores, movie theatres, parks, museums, dining establishments, and to participate in local events. It's an important element to feel at home, to interact in the neighborhood and enjoy Minneapolis in its glory. Health Center enjoys a nearly perfect dot on the map - in our opinion!
Walker Methodist's Mission is Life. And all the living that goes with it. Enhancing the lives of older adults through a culture of care, respect, and service. This is demonstrated by our dedicated, compassionate, and high quality care team, who embody the meaning of care, respect, and service daily in their careers. Our Residents and other individuals who receive care at the Health Center are exposed to a variety of activity and program options. In 2015 alone, Walker Methodist Health Center had over 160 volunteers complete 13,000 hours of volunteer work. This strengthens our ability to continue to provide the best in senior living options at Health Center, where we seek to offer individuals the best possible care and life enriching activities.
Living life to the fullest is every individual’s right at any age. At Walker Methodist, we enhance the lifestyles and care our Residents live and receive. The Health Center offers those who live here and receive care the connection to mind, body, and spirit they need to live life to the fullest.